The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR)
What is the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report?
Beginning in 2009, Ryan White Program grantees and service providers started using a new data reporting system to report information on their programs and the clients they serve to the HIV/AIDS Bureau.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report, or the RSR for short, is comprised of:
- The Grantee Report. Grantees will complete this report online through the HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) using a web-based data entry system. Besides providing basic information about their organization, they will view, update, and verify a pre-filled list of their service provider contracts that were active in the most recent reporting period. For each of the contracts, grantees will view a list of Ryan White Program services and then check the boxes next to all services that their organization funded under the contract.
- The Service Provider Report. Service providers will complete this report online. In addition to providing some basic information about their organization, providers will view a pre-filled list of their active service provider contracts for the most recent reporting period. For each of the service contracts, providers will view a list of Ryan White Program services and check the boxes next to all services that their organization delivered to RW Program clients during the reporting period.
- The Client Report. Each service provider will submit this report online as an electronic file upload using a standard format. Each upload file will contain one record per client. Each client record will include information on demographic status, HIV clinical information, HIV-care medical and support services received, and the client's 'UCI', an encrypted, unique client identifier.
Report Content or Submission Questions:
Ryan White Data Support addresses content- and submission-related questions regarding data content, policy, and guidance. For example:
- Interpretations of RSR Instruction Manual.
- Policy questions related to the data reporting requirements.
- Understanding grantee-provider contractual changes and the implications for data reporting.
Toll Free Help Line: 1 (888) 640-9356
Hours: Monday- Friday 9 am - 5:30 pm ET
Fax: (703) 312-5230
Note: When calling the toll-free help line, please provide your Grantee-of-Record name to the TA Specialist. When submitting a request via e-mail, be sure to include your Grantee-of Record name and your position within the organization in the message text.
Web Technical Support:
The HRSA Call Center (HCC) addresses RSR software-related questions including:
- RSR System questions.
- XML upload problems.
- EHB questions/issues/access problems.
Grantee Infrastructure Development:
The TARGET Center (Cicatelli/Mission/Abt) addresses advanced questions related to:
- Accessing and installing the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) algorithm.
- UCI generation utility, including how the UCI ensures anonymity.
- Requests for significant, high-investment assistance to meet data reporting requirement.
Obtain a TA request form at: careacttarget.org/rsr.asp
Questions related to program guidance, such as funding or grant-related questions, should be addressed to the HAB Project Officer appropriate to your project(s).